Prokart SSS Tryouts and Practise Day
The Prokart SSS Club is hosting a dedicated practise day at Vereeniging Kart Circuit on 26 October. This means that as a current Prokart SSS Club member, you can come and practice at the track for free. The boerie rolls and music will be on top form, the Semi Finals for the Rugby will be up on the TVs in the bar (from 11am), and the finals for the Prokart SSS Tryouts will be taking place as well. It will be an action packed day.
If you want to hone in on your race craft, now is the time to do it. We will have 4StrokeWorkshop (www.4strokeworkshop.co.za) onsite to assist with any technical questions you may have about your kart and engine setup and servicing. Tag along with one of our seasoned prokarters to show you lines and braking points and get some tips on setup and race preparation.
We will have a demo kart available for the new ladies class, so bring your wives, sisters, aunts, daughters and anyone from the age of 13 years along to take it for a test drive. It’s our most affordable class available to get started in racing Prokart SSS for ages 12 and older. We will also have a bigger 390 kart available for demo runs if you or a friend is interested in taking it for a spin. This is an opportunity not to be missed.
The track will be open from 9am to 5pm with dedicated practise sessions for Prokart SSS Karts only.
Don’t forget to get your karts ready this week, and if you’re using 4StrokeWorkshop for service, storage and transport, don’t forget to give them a call to get your kart prepped for Saturday.
Click here to let us know you’re coming.
As you all know by now, Round 10 will be held at the brand new Formula K Circuit in Benoni. We will be opening entries very soon. There will be the following changes for this event that all must take note of:
- The regulations published will stipulate that a new set of tyres will be allowed for all classes for this race. The committee has decided that due to the nature of this being a brand new surfaced track, it is safer to allow all classes to race on new tyres if they so wish as tyre wear is relatively unknown. This will also allow karts to practice prior to the event in case you were trying to save on tyres. Take note that this is optional for all classes.
- Entry fee is slightly higher than normal to accomodate for additional costs to host the event due to some facilities that need to be arranged. Prior to Round 9 entry, we announced that there would be a small surprise in store for Round 10 for those who entered Round 9’s event and that is a discounted entry fee for all teams who entered and participated in Round 9.
- Discounted Entry Fee:
- Endurance – R1200
- Sprint 390 – R700
- Sprint 200, Midgets and Minions – R250
- Normal Entry Fee:
- Endurance – R1500
- Sprint 390 – R900
- Sprint 200, Midgets and Minions – R450
- Discounted Entry Fee:
General Notes for Round 10
- The Formula K Circuit will be open for practice on Friday 15 November for a practice fee of R400 per kart, to be paid to the circuit on the day. This will give you an opportunity to prepare for race day on 16 November.
- We encourage everyone to bring gazebos, chairs, umbrellas, generators and any other items to make your day comfortable. This is a brand new circuit and facilities/buildings have not been installed yet. You do not want to get caught out in the sun (or rain) the whole day. Please bring extra gazebos and umbrellas if you can to help those who do not have.
- Security will be in place on the day at the circuit. A dedicated parking area for all cars and trailers and a dedicated pit area will be demarcated. Portable toilets will be made available. There will be food and drinks vendors onsite as well.
- Prize giving will be held at the track after all racing has ended and results calculated.
- There is a fuel station not far up the road from the circuit.
- The following layout will be used for race day: